The MT500 is powered by a 500cc Rotax single-cylinder, air-cooled 4 valve engine with a 5 speed gearbox. The MT is a direct evolution of the earlier Armstrong MT500, a British military dual sport motorcycle. The Armstrong MT500 itself was an evolution of the earlier SWM XN Tornado and it used the same 500cc Rotax engine.
- Chassis is a tubular steel frame that uses the engine as a stressed member for additional rigidity.
- Telescopic forks up front and twin shocks in the rear.
- Front and rear disc brakes
- Much of the MT500’s bodywork is made from plastic for reasons of low weight and easy maintenance – including the fuel tank, side covers, front and rear fenders, and headlight.
- This model also offers plastic side panniers and a front-mounted plastic rifle case.